The aim of this page is to provide information on vacancies available at and advertised by the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE). Information includes application procedures and relevant application forms and documents.
Kindly note that the post of Programme Manager: Forestry Master Plan | 12 months contract (FOM36/2022) has been amended as follows:
- Reference number has been amended from: FOM36/2022 to FOM37/2022
- Closing date has been amended from: 17 October 2022 to 24 October 2022
Procedures and information to apply
In cases where procedures and information to apply (instructions) within the PDF advert shows slight differences to the ones outline below. Note that the instructions within the PDF advert supersede the ones outlined below and therefore instructions within the PDF advert should be followed and applied diligently.
- All applications must be submitted on a new signed Z83 application form (click bold underlined text to download PDF form), accompanied by a recent detailed curriculum vitae to be considered.
- Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full, the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
- Applications may be forwaded to:
- Pretoria centre applications: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria. Marked for the attention: Human Resources Management (unless instructions within the PDF advert indicate otherwise).
- Cape Town centre applications: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town 8000 or hand-deliver to:14th Loop Street, Cape Town. Marked for the attention: Human Resources Management (unless instructions within the PDF advert indicate otherwise).
- Pietermaritzburg centre applications [specifically for FOM36/2022 closing 10 October 2022]: May be forwarded to the Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment: Private Bag X 9029, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or hand-delivered to 185 Langalibalele Street, Old Mutual Building, 5th floor, Pietermaritzburg. Marked for the attention: Human Resources Management (unless instructions within the PDF advert indicate otherwise).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for Senior Management Service (SMS) posts:
- In terms of the Directive on Compulsory Capacity Development, Mandatory Training Days and Minimum Entry Requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- The course is available at the NSG under the name “certificate for entry into SMS” and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
- Shortlisted candidates must provide proof of successful completion of the course.
- Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a performance agreement and an employment contract.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
|Reference No.||Description||Directorate / Branch||Closing Date|
|CFO20/2022||Senior Provisioning Administration Officer: Transactions - Payments||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2022-10-10 11:00|
|OC17/2022||Diesel Mechanic: Antarctica | approximately 15 months contract||Oceans and Coasts (OC)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|OC15/2022||Medical Doctor: Antarctica | approximately 15 months contract||Oceans and Coasts (OC)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG13/2022||Administration Clerk: Secretariat Support||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|BC09/2022||Deputy Director: Information Management and Bilateral Coordination||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|CFO18/2022||Deputy Director: Financial Control and Accounting||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|CMS35/2022||Organisational Development Practitioner||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|FOM36/2022||Senior Forester: Woodlands and Indigenous Forest Management (WIFM)||Forestry Management (FOM)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|CMS33/2022||Assistant Director: Recruitment, Selection and Service Benefits and Conditions||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|RCSM08/2022||Assistant Director: Financial Management | Global Environment Facility (GEF) Pillar 1 | five (05) years contract||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (RCSM)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG12/2022||Assistant Director: Ethics and Fraud Prevention||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|EP04/2022||Assistant Director: Environmental Resource Management||Environmental Programmes (EP)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG11/2022||Deputy Director: Internal Audit | Marine Living Resources Fund (MLRF) and Fisheries||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG10/2022||Deputy Director: Fraud and Ethics Management | Marine Living Resources Fund (MLRF) and Fisheries||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG09/2022||Deputy Director: Fraud and Ethics Prevention||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|ODG08/2022||Director: Fraud and Ethics Management||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|CMS32/2022||Director: Integrated Human Resource Management||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-10 16:00|
|CCAQ15/2022||Deputy Director: Administration and Coordination Support||Climate Change and Air Quality (CCAQ)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CFO21/2022||Office Administrator II: Acquisition and Management Services||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CFO18/2022||Chief Accountant Clerk: Creditors, Travel and Subsistence||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CFO17/2022||Chief Accountant Clerk: Cash Management and Revenue Management||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CMS30/2022||Senior Communications Officer: Stakeholder Corporations and Awareness||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CWM06/2022||Office Administrator||Chemicals and Waste Management (CWM)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|FOM39/2022||Administration Clerk||Forestry Management (FOM)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|BC08/2022||Director: Biodiversity Finance Initiative (BIOFIN) | three (3) years contract||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|CCAQ13/2022||Director: Climate Change Mitigation Policy, Regulation and Planning||Climate Change and Air Quality (CCAQ)||2022-10-17 16:00|
|EP08/2022||Provincial Project Administrator||Environmental Programmes (EP)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|RCSM16/2022||Legal Administration Officer (MR2): Corporate Legal Support and Litigation||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (RCSM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|RCSM15/2022||Legal Administration Officer (MR2): Litigation||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (RCSM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|CWM5/2022||Assistant Director: Administration and Coordination||Chemicals and Waste Management (CWM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|FOM37/2022||Assistant Director: National Forests Advisory Council (NFAC) Support||Forestry Management (FOM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|RSCM14/2022||Senior Legal Administration Officer: Litigation | two (02) posts||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (RCSM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|RCSM17/2022||Control Environmental Officer Grade A: Compliance Environmental Impact and Pollution||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (RCSM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|EP06/2022 & EP07/2022||Deputy Director: Provincial Project Manager | two (02) posts||Environmental Programmes (EP)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|CMS 39/2022||Director: Strategy and Business Performance||Corporate Management Services (CMS)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|CWM04/2022||Director: Waste Economy Analyst||Chemicals and Waste Management (CWM)||2022-10-24 16:00|
|FOM37/2022||Programme Manager: Forestry Master Plan | 12 months contract||Forestry Management (FOM)||2022-10-24 16:00|