Participate in the national ten million trees programme to be implemented in the next five years
The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) is currently running the Ten Million Trees Programme. This programme is a national call from the Presidency of the Republic of South Africa with the aim of attaining environmental sustainability and protection, and to realise socioeconomic benefits for South Africans. The Department is calling out all corporate organisations, Government Organizations, Non-Governmental Organisations, Community Based Organisations, Educational Institutions and individuals to take part in planting Ten Million Trees which will be implemented over five years to ensure a green South Africa.
The Department is asking all South African Organisations and Individuals to:
- Plant trees in honour of loved ones and to mark important events in your communities!
- Plant trees to celebrate milestones or a win!
- Plant trees to fight the effects of climate change!
- Plant trees to beautify your homes, towns or cities!
- Plant trees to fight food insecurity in your areas!
- Plant trees to protect the environment and promote biodiversity conservation!
- Plant trees in honour of our future generations
- Go to the DFFE website www.environment.gov.za
- Download the Ten Million Trees Programme Entry Form
- Plant your commemorative tree/trees and take a picture/s
- Fill in the entry form and email it with your picture/s to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your entry form and pictures at the Department of Forestry Fisheries and the Environment, 110 Hamilton Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
Participants will be rewarded with a certificate by the Department which indicates their contribution towards a greener South Africa
For enquiries contact:
Ms Nosipho Ndzimbomvu
Directorate: Small Scale Forestry, Forestry Management Branch
Tel: 012 309 5883